Yes, you guessed it… La Croziflette is related to La Tartiflette – the common ingredient being Reblochon cheese from the Haute Savoie. I’ve mixed things up a bit and used Crozet pasta and Diots sausages both from the Savoie region.
Diots are a meaty sausage and you can get the smoked or natural. Crozets pasta comes in different flavours and is tiny squares – great for these pasta bake dishes. I use the make Alpina, as it’s locally made in Chambery in the Savoie. So this is a hearty mountain dish – great for that after ski or hike in the fresh mountain air!
This is a simple dish to prepare using ingredients from the region I live in. Easy to make ahead, then simply cook in the oven and serve with a crisp fresh green salad and crusty French bread!
Ingredients for Croziflette with Diots
250g Crozet pasta
4 Smoked Diots
100g bacon lardons
1 large onion – chopped finely
1 garlic clove – chopped finely
A good splash of dry white wine – I used a local Chignon
1 whole Reblochon cheese
50 cl crème Fraiche
Salt and Pepper
Method for Croziflette
- Roast the Diots in the oven at 180° C for around 35 minutes – turning to cook evenly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cook the Crozets pasta according to the packet – normally 15 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Sauté the bacon lardons and remove from the pan.
- Sauté the chopped onion until soft in olive oil and butter, add the garlic and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the bacon back to the pan, then the wine and de-glaze the pan – cook until reduced and season.
- Slice the Diots into rounds and add to the pan.
- Add the drained Crozets pasta to the pan and then add the crème fraiche and mix together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer this mixture to an ovenproof dish.
- Slice the reblochon and layer over the mixture.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 200° C for around 20 minutes until bubbling and browned on top.
- Serve with a green salad, crusty French bread and a glass of dry white Savoie wine.
Why not pin this recipe to keep
Follow me on my culinary and pictorial adventure on Twitter @tasteofsavoie and Instagram
Please keep up to date and like my Facebook pages:
Taste of Savoie and Caro Blackwell Photography
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you enjoyed this post, please enter your e-mail address below to receive an e-mail when a new post is published on Taste of Savoie.
your email will never be passed to a third party or used for anything but news from Taste of Savoie