Reblochon, Sweet Potato and Jambon de Savoie Tart
A new recipe using Reblochon cheese from the Haute Savoie - Sweet Potato, Reblochon and Jambon de Savoie Tart
I think I may be beginning to dream in French...or maybe I just dream in French cheese, especially when I eat a lot of it! Living in the Haute Savoie this is unavoidable but also delicious so I am not complaining although my jeans sometimes do! Every recipe I see with cheese in, I look for ways of adapting it to use Reblochon and other local and seasonal ingredients - it must be the time of year, as winter approaches and the snow is falling in the Alps and when all the ski resorts burst into life! Winter here in the Haute Savoie is a great excuse for much cheese and carb eating, meaning the classic Tartiflette appears regularly on lunch and dinner tables and menus - need to keep the energy levels up for all the skiing and mountain activities.
My endless ways to use Reblochon cheese, a speciality of the Haute Savoie, continue with a Reblochon and Sweet Potato Tart. A great dish for a light lunch served warm or hot with a salad, as a snack with your apero or to take out hiking in the wonderful countryside of the Haute Savoie or anywhere you please! Reblochon is widely available so you are not limited to enjoying this delicious creamy cheese with its soft umami coated rind in the Haute Savoie alone! To read more about the history of this wonderfully versatile and delicious cheese from the Haute Savoie - read one of my earlier posts
I used sweet potato rather than potatoes for this tart to keep it lighter, you could try it with butternut squash or any pumpkin and in keeping authentic to the region I used the locally cured ham; the Jambon de Savoie. I used the red label Reblochon as this is not as strong as the green label Fermier Reblochon - which is better on your cheeseboard.
Sweet Potato, Reblochon and Jambon de Savoie Tart
- 1/2 or whole Reblochon cheese - depending on your taste!
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion - sliced
- 4 - 6 slices of Jambon de Savoie - a cured dried ham
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C
- Slice the sweet potato thinly, or cut into cubes - season with salt and pepper and thyme and coat in olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes until soft but not breaking up.
- roll out the puff pastry and put into your tart tin - prick the bottom with a fork and bake blind for about 5 minutes
- Add the roasted sweet potato pieces to the pastry case.
- Thinly slice the red onion and place in the pastry case between the sweet potato.
- Cut the Reblochon into cubes and place in the pastry case between the sweet potato.
- Add the Jambon de Savoie torn into pieces in between all the ingredients in the pastry case.
- Season well, add a good glug of olive oil and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C
Et voila - Bon Appetit!
What's your favourite recipe using Reblochon? - please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you...
Pin this recipe for later! - Sweet Potato and Reblochon Tart from The Taste of Savoie Kitchen
Follow me on my culinary and pictorial adventure on twitter @tasteofsavoie and Instagram
Please keep up to date and like my facebook pages: Taste of Savoie and Caro Blackwell-Sights of Savoie
all photos are copyright ©Caro Blackwell
4 thoughts on “Reblochon, Sweet Potato and Jambon de Savoie Tart”
Thanks for this recipe! I’ve been waiting for a nice cheese tart that would be easy to make and this looks like THE ONE! Thank you! x
That’s great. It is easy and tasty! Hope you enjoy it. Bon Appétit!
Reblechon is fabulous in tarts, and I love the idea to use sweet potato or squash here instead of regular potatoes. We love the combination too!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy the recipe!